Knowing your loved one is benefiting from quality care and enjoying a comfortable lifestyle is important; so is trusting that if needed, additional health services are close by. Health services in Ashland are not only abundant, but they also represent some of the nation’s most prestigious institutions.
That means residents of LSS Lutheran Village and LSS The Good Shepherd do not have to give up the charm of country living for access to first-class healthcare. They have it all! In fact, Ashland’s location between Cleveland and Columbus puts your loved one close to some of the nation’s leading medical services and hospitals.
Ashland – a wellness-oriented environment for healthy aging
No matter your age, having access to quality health care is important. But as health.gov reports, as a person ages, their needs change and grow more complex. This can mean a higher risk for conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, dementia and arthritis—conditions that can require specialized care.
The problem comes when a senior faces barriers to getting the care they need, such as having to travel a great distance to see the right physician or receive the needed treatment. But when the required specialized care is nearby, the odds of healthy aging and greater longevity increase.
In fact, having easy access to care can directly lead to improved health outcomes. This is because it increases the likelihood of receiving preventive care and screenings, so that potential health problems can be treated in the early stages. The result can be a longer, healthier life.
Here are a few of the extraordinary health services in Ashland:
- Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center Mansfield
- Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute, Mansfield
- Ohio Health Ashland Center
- Ohio Health Mansfield Hospital
- University Hospitals Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
- University Hospitals Samaritan Women’s Health Center
- University Hospitals Samaritan Primary Care
Download our free guide,
Top-notch medical care and a comfortable living environment
Access to the outstanding health services in Ashland is important, but it’s not the only benefit your loved one enjoys. There’s also Ashland’s peaceful surroundings. Outdoor spaces, walking trails and natural areas. An easygoing pace of life. Opportunities to engage and connect with you, your family and others through special events, area festivals, learning opportunities and more. All the ingredients for healthy aging.
LSS Lutheran Village and LSS The Good Shepherd residents benefit from a true continuum of care
- LSS Lutheran Village offers assisted living in a unique setting with all the comforts of home and no worries. Situated on a leafy, landscaped property, our ideal suburban setting is just minutes from dining, shopping, local parks and medical care. Cozy apartments provide security and privacy, while our dedicated and trained team members are always available to help with any task big or small.
- For more than 50 years, LSS The Good Shepherd has been the leader in health services in Ashland that include rehabilitation services, skilled nursing, memory care and respite care. Blending the comforts of home with the latest advances in medical technology, recent updates to The Good Shepherd include a ventilator unit and a dialysis center for those with end stage renal disease. The Good Shepherd is consistently seeking out the latest technological updates that will help rehabilitation patients recover faster in a functional, safe and comfortable environment.
Outstanding care and comfortable senior living, along with the exceptional health services in Ashland. You want the best for your loved one, and with LSS Senior Living, you know you have found it in Ashland.
Senior living, the LSS Senior Living way
At LSS Senior Living, our goal is to offer seniors quality care and comfort in a friendly and warm environment that feels like home. We offer a continuum of services to lend a helping hand when you need them. Find out more about our communities: